Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Desensitization

Often, I wonder if there's ever a limit to missing someone.

I wonder if it's ever possible to wake up one day and simply say that I just don't care anymore.

Sometimes, I marvel at my capacity to endure endless cycles of waiting, hoping and crying and wonder how long a person can survive such an existence.

The whole idea is just unsettling...

Which is probably why far too frequently, I also wonder if love truly knows no boundaries and if at the end of it all, it can really see me through.

Such are the ambiguities I spend way too much time wondering about, but I find that I must.

I must because there's no point in wishing that I just stop caring. No point in wishing for blissful numbness and absolutely no point in wishing for a re-run of that picture perfect past.

There's just no use in wishing for the impossible.

Guess I have to do with desensitization instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment